Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Notorious P.I.G.

While at the gym this morning, it was like any other day. I put my clothes in my locker and proceeded to walk to the fitness room to get my day started. On the wall, I noticed a “Winter Incentive Program” being hosted at my gym. Basically, you write your name on a winter themed piece of paper, and every time you attend the gym you place a sticker on your sheet. The goal is to workout at least 13 days out of December and have 13 holiday stickers on your name plate to encourage families to keep healthy during the holiday season. I immediately thought of how great of an idea this is for families. Offering incentive programs is a great way to keep people motivated, especially when times can be rough when you're around sweets and enticing foods during the upcoming holiday seasons. Incentives like these should be performed year-round to keep people motivated to keep in shape. As everyone knows, the obesity rates in the US right now are at an all-time high. Perhaps the main reasoning behind this is because unhealthy and non-nutritious foods are so insanely cheap right now. Heck, I saw on Main Street yesterday that Burger King is selling 3 pancakes for 89 cents! 89 cents! You get 3 pancakes for not even 1 dollar! You can get 15 pancakes at Burger King for not even $5. Better yet, 20 chicken nuggets for $4.99?! Is that serious??? Why are the causes of obesity rates even being argued in the world we live in today when fast food restaurants are having these cholesterol breakthroughs?? No wonder we are the obesity nation!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment