Friday, September 16, 2016

Over the past couple years, one of the most important pieces of advice I have received is “making a living is not the same thing as making a life”. This quote often pops up very often in the back of my mind, especially as a senior in highschool leaving for college in less than a year.  Twenty years from now, I don’t want to be sitting at home constrained with having a job that I can’t leave, regretting the days I wasted not traveling the world, photographing unique people and places and their traditions. For me, photography is an extremely unique point of view on life that I love working with. Will I waste away potential years of ‘living’ sitting in a classroom studying for a class that I have absolutely no interest in, while I could be traveling the world meeting new people photographing their daily lives and learning the culture and traditions of new, exciting places?

No comments:

Post a Comment