Thursday, September 29, 2016

Magic Gardens!

Most people will sit around and call Delaware the most boring state to live in...however, there are many adventurous locations with short travel times you can discover and have a great time at! One of these locations I found to be extremely unique is the Philadelphia Magic Gardens, about 45 minutes from Wilmington. You don't have to be a fan of art to enjoy these beautiful and breath taking mosaics. The Philadelphia Gardens is a nonprofit organization located on South Street in Philly. It is the largest work of art created by mosaic artist Isaiah Zagar. His mosaics are made up of anything you can possibly imagine-from bike wheels to kitchen tiles to China plates to Latin American art. A few weekends ago, I visited the gardens with my two friends on a trip to shoot some pictures for my photography class. My class urges and encourages us to go outside of our normal realm and shoot objects from different perspectives. Below are a few pictures I took while taking the day off to enjoy the beautiful Philly art:









1 comment: