Friday, October 7, 2016

Today I will be reflecting on a personal conflict I often have within myself. Recently, I came across the quote that read, "close your eyes and imagine the best version of you possible. That's who you really are. Let go any part of you that doesn't believe it". I'd be lying if I said I haven't thought about this on the daily occurrence since I first encountered it. It really got me thinking about my life and my actions- I've always been the kind of person who will put others before myself, no matter the situation, even if that puts my feels and emotions up at stake. I've never been real selfish in my life, always assisting to the needs of others. Once I read this quote, it got me wondering....shouldn't I be selfish for once in my life and start putting myself first before others? Don't I deserve to be just as happy as I try to help others to be? I mean in the end, you're the only person that really matters, right? This is a pretty difficult concept for me to obtain due to the fact my whole life my feelings have come second, with everyone else's before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment