Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Who Knows?

Ever since we were little, we always had our “I want to be an astronaut when I grow up.” Or the classic, “I wanna be a vet when I grow up.” Our goals and aspirations in life outstretched out preschool selves, and at an early age we were chasing ambition. As everyone got older, these ambition dreams of ours got scaled down to a more practical and logical scale, as everyone realized not everyone would make it that far in life. With college soon approaching, the typical “what do you wanna major in?” gets tossed around more than asking how your summer went. As a current senior in highschool, I never exactly know what the correct answer is for me. I often wonder how I am supposed to know exactly what I want to spend the rest of my life dedicated to, when my interests are as broad as law and economics to anatomy to photography and graphic designing to psychology. How am does one expect a high school 17 or 18 year old young adult to completely decide what they will be attributing their hard work and studying to for the next four years?

No comments:

Post a Comment